Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Planescape: Torment Successor Plans Dec 4, 2012, 20:34 sauron

PHJF wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 12:44:
Online gaming is years from recreating the social setting of tabletop gaming.

No, the tech is all there, the bandwidth, the market is all there. The only thing missing is a developer with the balls/money/desire to do something about it.

It's really not there yet. A tabletop game is several times more interactive, social and fun than even the most tight-knit MMO raiding guilds can ever hope to be. I've played PnP for 30+ years and have raided in multiple MMOs. I love both genres but there's really no comparison.

In a great PnP session, you play the game, catch up with old friends, ask about their kids, pop open a bottle of wine, and generally hang out. It's a great game and an excuse to meet good friends, all at the same time. MMOs don't even get close to that, even in a tight guild that's been around for years.

Kittens!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo