Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Planescape: Torment Successor Plans Dec 4, 2012, 09:19 PHJF

I've never played a tabletop game (though in high school I got dangerously close to buying into WH40K) so speaking as an observer...

Isn't it time to retire PnP? We're well past the point where, given tools enough, the PC can be used to carry nearly all of the tabletop experience online. NWN was hugely popular and had tons of fucking wacky servers, from a bunch of LotR realms to a mock Diablo clone to full-on original servers. The success of WoW clearly shows a market for this sort of thing, and at the same time its (many) shortcomings highlight the need for something much better. Enough with the clones and knockoffs and incremental updates to a long-stale formula, somebody needs to get off their fucking asses and make a REAL, WORTHWHILE MMO not to compete with WoW, not to dethrone it, but to show it as the simple, uninspired, boring game it has long been. What better way than an established, esteemed IP like AD&D to do this?

Just don't let Turbine near it because they don't have the balls or abilities for so grand a project.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo