Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Planescape: Torment Successor Plans Dec 4, 2012, 08:18 sauron

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 20:29:
Jesus Christ I wish WOTC never acquired the D&D IP. The old gang from TSR should kickstart a new TSR, buy the IP back and start producing good D&D products and games once more. We should have had at least a dozen good D&D titles over the last decade and an MMO as well! WOTC has just turned it all into so much schlock.

The only way they can make a Torment successor is definitely "in the spirit" of it, and that's it.

I've been playing D&D on and off since 1980, and still have all my original first edition AD&D books and modules, plus some of the Planescape setting books (which are 2ed).

I don't like either the rules or the settings for 4th ed. at all. I find them overcomplicated, generic, and dull - WotC simply rehashing the original idea for added shareholder value. Pathfinder is a lot better and I find that version's world setting to be really excellent.

I still play the first edition rules, grafted on to the Pathfinder setting, although I'd love to run a campaign set in the Planescape universe as well.

If I was going to play anything else it would be Stormbringer or Call of Cthulhu - have all the books for those as well, by Chaosium. Both games are excellent - Stormbringer in particular, and the game can be had from Noble Knight for cheap prices or from DrivethruRPG.com as pdf. Some of the campaigns for Stormbringer are amazing, eg Rogue Mistress , Pan Tang, Purple Towns and Melnibone .

Whoops - got a bit off the point. A new Planescape CRPG? Bring it on. Loved the original.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2012, 08:29.

Kittens!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo