Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 04:43 theyarecomingforyou

4D-Boxing wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 20:56:
I wonder if its a case of everything looks better up close meaning that the draw distance is heavily reduced?
The draw distance is focused on what's nearby but that's true of every open world game. Could it be improved? Absolutely, but it's already one of the most demanding games out there.

4D-Boxing wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 20:56:
To be 100% honest your screen shots do not convince me either. Could just be the resolution since I run 2560x1600 or just the pic format.
All my screenshots are 2560x1600, so I assume what you mean is you're not running that resolution? Even so, all modern browsers automatically resize large images to fit on screen.

Dades wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 21:07:
What Crysis has over Far Cry 3 is proper physics and little touches like foliage destruction. Really disappointed in Far Cry 3 there.
I don't really agree. I thought the physics in Crysis were hugely exaggerated, with buildings designed to collapse at the drop of a hat - everywhere you walked there was another prefab hut waiting to fall apart. The foliage destruction was good though, as it allowed for those Rambo-like momenets. The destruction physics in Bad Company 2 - though still overly exaggerated - is still amongst the best we've seen to date, both in implementation and enjoyability.

Performance wise FC3 pushes even top-end systems - at least with current drivers and pre-patch - so I'm not really sure what they could had added. In terms of VRAM it maxes out 2GB cards at 2560x1600, so anything more would have prevented 95% of gamers from enjoying it.

PS - It hasn't been mentioned yet but the game world in Far Cry 3 is dramatically larger than Crysis and without load screens, aside from quick-travel. Technologically Crysis and Crysis 2 don't compete.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo