Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 14:11 LittleMe

John wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 13:14:
When I was looking to get a new video card not long ago I was looking at all the requirements of the top FPS games and none required the best video card at that time. Although I don't recall them having a separate 'recommended' and 'hi-performance' category either..

Ahh.. Well IMO that's not the best way to go about getting a new vid card. Performance is highly dependent on your monitor's resolution, which publishers don't specify in their specs. Also they don't take into account your preference for the quality settings or frames you prefer. If it's important to you and you game on PC frequently enough, just buy the most you can afford.

Really, buying based on publisher specs is hit & miss (more miss). Their specs are suggestive. I never put too much weight in them. I'd rather them put a few charts out, depicting gpu vs cpu bound, performance scaling, resolutions, etc.. But that would probably be just too much information for what most people want to know. But there's no easy way around it, getting good game performance is not easy to understand on PC. It's been that way for a long time, too.

So in my opinion, specs like this information here is just a rough estimate of what to expect, and only to give a rough idea of how the game will perform. Too often, their specs are wrong. gl hf

Perpetual debt is slavery.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo