Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Chris Avellone Interview Dec 2, 2012, 18:06 eRe4s3r

But we ended up with lots of niches unfilled, AA RPG's , PROPER 4x games and let's not forget GOD GAMES (Sim Hospital et al). That's what really get's me.. because It makes no damn sense (not even economically)..

Kickstarter is currently soaking up all those niches and their potential and turns the ENTIRE industry around, now games are not made for profit, the "profit" is literally "making the game" because that's the only thing that's gonna get you funded. You don't sell profit expectations, you sell a hope to a game to people who WANT TO PLAY IT. Once the game is made any sale would be EXTRA profit. Can you imagine what an insanely good position this puts (some few) developers in?

Should any crowd funded Kickstarter game ever land a "hit" what would it do the publishing scene? Because I don't think big publishers would ignore that. They would have to fear developers do the entire range of development. And cut the Publisher out the equation.

I hope Kickstarting ends up giving us lots of good unique fun games. I am all for niches, fill them up, polish them up.. Paradox or Matrix Games need competition to start giving a damn about the level of bugs and lack of polish in nearly ALL of their games.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2012, 18:32.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo