Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 2, 2012, 04:03 Trevellian

Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 03:28:
There is nothing quite like PS2, this is true. However even on radeon 7950's and i7 processors on 64 bit Windows 7, there are terrible FPS problems in large fights, and worse than bad fps, is horrible non registering weapons.

While their AMD support has been outright terrible, and it's taxing on many machines. I don't know anyone with an i7 and a 680 GTX who has had issues. i7 and other lower GPU's, definitely.

I myself run 2 6870's in Crossfire, and a Phenom 2 3.6GHz Quad Core. And after some fiddling around the other night, I've overclocked the graphics cards by about 10% each, and Overclocked my processor to 4.0GHz, as well as installed the AMD 12.11 Beta 8 drivers (Which have Planetside Crossfire support in them) and have since had fewer issues. I almost always have a 30+ FPS, usually closer to 40 which is definitely more playable than the 10-25 I was getting before doing these things. The game also still has a terrible godawful memory leak they need to fix as I (And others, including the guys I play with that have i7's and 680's) have to reboot after a few hours of play to smooth everything out again after it's dropped to unplayable levels.

The game is by no means perfect technically. But as far as Gameplay I couldn't ask for a better game in a Planetside sequel, so overall I'm happy. The technical issues will go away with time.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo