Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Bad first impression... Dec 1, 2012, 18:48 JohnBirshire

I believe their biggest failure so far, and a very damaging one to the games long term success, was by doing an atrocious job of introducing the game to new players. PS1 had a training program environment that allowed you to familarize yourself with the controls, spawn vehicles and use them, test different weapons, etc. PS2 just throws you into the middle of a fight to die instantly as you're struggling to figure out what's going on. This approach is fine for veterans or for people who know how great this game can be, but a lot of other new players are saying screw it and logging out immediately. Not good, and rather embarrassing when I am telling someone how much fun this game is and their first impression of it is total shit. Im really disappointed in the developers for this decision, but it hurts them more than myself.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo