Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Dragon Age 3 in 2014? Nov 30, 2012, 01:24 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:15:
edaciousx wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:04:
Hey guys lets at least give them some credit where it's due. What other game company has released a computer game in the past 5 years that is on the level as DA1? Plus... they are pushing DX11 as well. That's a computer only feature too... well for now at least right? But yes, DA2 < DA1.

DA1 sucked too. DA2 went from bad to worse. So no, no credit is due. BiowarEA has been dead a long time now. This game is being designed from the ground up solely for console gamers so why should we give a rats ass? I could care less about them and their crappy games anymore.

Sigh... Yeah, I'm jumping on board with this too. Mechanically DA1 worked fine, and was even enjoyable at times. But the setting and the story... Yeah... it blew. It was generic. There were hints of gold there (Leliana & her little DLC campaign) but jesus it was derivative of Western/Tolkein fantasy. I'd always get 3/4 of the way through the game and choke on the monotony of it all.

I think I literally got 2 hours into DA2 when I put it down, unwilling to continue even though I only spent like 9 bucks on it.

I think my big problem is that it's just too goddamn generic. Considering the world-building that Bioware did even with Mass Effect, DA felt like nobody had any more ideas, so they went back to Ye Olde Greyhawk Campaign Setting and hit cut & paste to fill in the interesting parts of the world they came up with.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo