Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Endless Space Free Weekend Nov 30, 2012, 01:03 Flatline

Asmo wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 23:08:
Whiskers wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 21:29:
Really good graphics and a fluid UI, but the lack of combat in this game just kills it for me. I'll stick with Sword of the Stars 2

Yeah, same here. Space combat has been described as "he who has the biggest guns and/or biggest fleet typically wins". There is no space for tactical brilliance (or, ya know, gaming the AI ; ).

Pretty much. You're given I think 4 tactical options, which may or may not influence/cancel/enhance the other side's choices. Then you watch a cut scene and do it again. And again. Different weapons come into play at different ranges, so your torpedo boats are useless after long range for example unless you loaded up with other weapons.

Last time I played it I had every system in my empire pumping out dreadnaughts as fast as I could, I had statistically an unstoppable army according to the game, and I'd slaughter an enemy's like seven equivalent fleets and finally wear my fleet down. By the time I sent in reinforcements, the AI had rebuilt their endless armada of ships.

I quit the game and didn't go back. If it got better, it might be worth playing, but several months ago I felt like the AI was cheating or rubber-banding to catch up to my production levels.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo