Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 29, 2012, 22:09 Dev

WaltC wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:28:
If this is the way in which they have approached the entire project then I think they are going to have some fairly serious problems to weed through. I think they'd have done much better to attempt a "Remastered" version of the original instead of an "Enhanced" version in which a lot of editing is obvious. It'll be interesting to read some reviews.
"Remastered" wouldn't get as many sales.
And they did enhance it... they redid the UI to work on smartphones. They added a bunch of fixes and stuff from previous community work.
The added characters are I think original work.
Orogogus wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 17:46:
I didn't miss it, but it doesn't look worse to me. It's like a Flash animation. Choppy, yes, but the original is early era 3D, which aged badly. I really don't like looking at it, at all. Everything about it is an unattractive product of its time. Even if the new one uses that stop-start animation, at least it's hand drawn.
I can hand draw in paint too.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo