Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 29, 2012, 17:46 Orogogus

WaltC wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:28:
If they start adding new content in addition to selectively removing original content then we have moved from "enhancement" to "editing" and I think that's going to cause them some problems. You like the new intro better than the old one--which I find remarkable. It seems to me your chief objection to the original intro was the guy's helmet--which I agree has always looked dorky...;) Nevertheless, that exact helmet is available in the original game, which is why they used it, imo. Some people have always disliked the way the game itself renders helmets and so a mod was developed that allowed the player to remove all of the helmet animations if desired.
All that doesn't make the helmet look any less terrible. I mean, the headgear in KotOR looks terrible, too, but they don't usually show it in the cutscenes. Taking the dork helmet out of the cutscene is an improvement.

You should carefully watch both new and old intros a couple of times back to back--because if you do I do not see how you can miss that the "enhanced" version runs in choppy fashion (while not choppy itself), whereas the original flows pretty well. I much prefer the original intro.
I didn't miss it, but it doesn't look worse to me. It's like a Flash animation. Choppy, yes, but the original is early era 3D, which aged badly. I really don't like looking at it, at all. Everything about it is an unattractive product of its time. Even if the new one uses that stop-start animation, at least it's hand drawn.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo