Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 29, 2012, 13:57 gilly775

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:50:
gilly775 wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 11:43:
Funny...I must be the guy that never has issues. Never had problems with Windows Me and gaming, never had problems with Windows Vista and gaming, and have not had any problems with Windows 8 and gaming
I have a nephew that just got the message, had it sink in, the kid was reformatting like a couple times per month, any issue he had he did that nearly first thing and usually it didn't fix it anyway.

It's funny you mention that because I was in college when Windows 95 came out and whenever my CD Rom icon disappeared, I'd reformat my computer. It wasn't until months after that a friend of mine showed me how to fix that problem. Ever since then I was a techie at heart and even work as a Systems Admin today.

My home ESX host has seen the same hardware for years now but I just upgraded to version 5 which is running just as nice as 4 did. I'm even trying to learn Linux more and one of our admins has been helping me with my dual boot Win 8/Kubuntu laptop to show me how to use Linux. As nice as Linux is for compatibility, I am disappointed in the lack of drivers for my Hybrid Intel/Nvidia 650M chipset in it. I would hope it would run off of the Intel card, but it always runs off of the NVidia one.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo