Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Nintendo's Fils-Aime: Microsoft, Sony need to react to us Nov 28, 2012, 18:47 Axis

I said you get the "no idea what you are talking about" award in many posts.

But I threw you a bone even though you broad brushed an entire industry with "Nintendo is the only ones makine monies!!!" and didn't hammer your generic assertions like I could have. I can give you plenty of 3rd party software developers who KILLED on the wii compared to other consoles, both AAA and Indie.

But I will not throw bones any longer, I'll quote and destroy.
I'll accept an apology any time.
No apology was given. Where'd you read that?

Plus, you read like a fanboy.
You interpret like a fanboy. I stated facts about the Wii and the Wii U, from launch, to capability and target audience and expectations.

Sorry, it's way too soon to say that the Wii U will dominate.

I'm saying it. You can read back into my history in a year from now and bow to my greatness.

People thought the Wii would. Go, search my history for "Revolution" and see how I drooled.

People thought the wii WOULDN'T. You might have thought it would, but the industry saw it as a dud. Universal knowledge here.

It didn't dominate.
It most certainly did. By what criteria would you consider a "product" to dominate? Cause if you say anything except 'sales' you'll be wrong.

it was totally irrelevant for the hardcore gaming crowd.
It was not marketed to the hardcore crowd. I don't recall two old oriental men bowing and a bunch of old folks home people playing bowling targeting the 'hardcore' crowd.

The WiiU has a giant uphill battle with that crowd. Giant.

Yes, this statement is true. 1 out of a dozen isn't bad I suppose...

It doesn't have the buzz the Wii had

It's the only 'Wii" that has or had launch buzz. You are stuck on your first point where you incorrectly think the first Wii had launch buzz.

because it tapped into a new audience that wasn't very hardcore about gaming and has moved on to iPad gaming.

The audience never changed... same audience - people of all ages. No one is an exclusive gamer 'moving on' to anything. As I mentioned, the technical limitations limited the 'hardcore' audience, even if the console wasn't marketed toward casuals.

I am not saying it can't win this generation, I'm saying it's dumb to stand here and say it will dominate.
I'm saying it. You can read back into my history in a year from now and bow to my greatness. (I can't believe my luck - I was able to copy and paste this fantastic line I wrote!!)

But whatever, I'm the guy that pointed out to you that the Wii had a rockier road than you make it out, and you're the guy who called me someone that knows nothing for saying it then basically admitted to it when called out on that with, you know, facts.

Read Above.

But point taken, I won't throw bones any longer -- quote and destroy seems to work better.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2012, 18:52.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo