Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 17:51 Trevellian

Asmo wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 16:48:
Sorry, your "protip" is junk, I've unloaded in to people point blank with a scattermax and they've taken zero damage (ie. no red X to indicate you are doing damage), then they lag dance around me until I'm dead.

On other days, I can literally drop people in 3-4 shots in the center of mass (so not headshots).

This is despite running a fairly constant ping of 250 (run on a US server with friends from Aus).

Compare this to PS1 which I used to play on dialup from Aus to the US and use voice comms over, where lag was rarely an issue...

I've also been killed 5 seconds after running behind hard cover or had my heavy shield stop no damage (seems to activate after the shooters client declares me dead but before the server tells my client to lie down and take a dirt nap).

The netcode/client prediction isn't great, certainly not as clean as PS1. You'll notice a lot people jump around like spaz's when you start shooting them. Most of the time you'll barely register a hit before you get dead.

haven't noticed any of this sorry, but I also play on an 85mbps connection on an East Coast server while living on the East Coast. As well as having my install sitting on an SSD (Not sure if that helps). But as Mgshadow said, your 250 ping is definitely not helping.

As far as your experience with PS1, there were also 250-300 person continent locks. Which alleviated a lot of the lag you're probably having on a server holding thousands on a single Continent.

The only guy I've seen lag as bad as you're describing is an outfitmate who plays from Afghanistan, we send him in whenever we need him to use his "Lag fu".

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo