Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Gollop on X-COM Remake Nov 28, 2012, 14:28 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 11:43:
It not just about the AI cheating in this game. my issues come from the lack of functionality in the game. Example being the lack of a proper belt to carry items. One open slot to carry a grenade, health or a scope that should be part of an upgrade to the weapon, frustrating cant even begin to explain this.

Plus the lack of the AI attacking your base, the lack of building more than one base to assault aliens when attacks occur. Always being pounded by three attacks at the same time and having to make a choice each and every time an attack occurs. That to me was one of the more frustrating parts in the game. Who do I help and who do I piss off and lose support from. Lame!!

These are just some of the issues I have, I wont even get into the combat and move and shoot limitations and how stupid that gets at times and lack off healing.

Yeah, I miss the base invasions too. That was one of my favorite parts of the original: starting out in random locations, scrambling to form a coherent defense, protecting your scientists.

The lack of equipment carrying is a bit limiting. Definitely "gamey", like the three simultaneous abductions you have to choose from. On the other hand, you're able to throw grenades with perfect accuracy, so that kind of makes up for the lack of them, and also spamming grenades as a strategy.

Not sure what you mean by "lack of healing" though. A properly upgraded Support class unit and medkit work pretty well.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo