Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 28, 2012, 00:45 Jerykk

Asmo wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 00:22:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 23:32:
Asmo wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 18:38:
It's sad that the game is so damn short because I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far. I guess I'm getting value for money playing ghost/non-lethal (side note, wish there was an absolute way to check if you've breached either condition before the end of each section), but it feels like there's a bunch of untapped potential that will either end up as DLC or a sequel.

Compare this to the sprawling Assassin's Creed games (which admittedly have a lot of timewasters added), just seems like a bit of a cynical ploy to wring money out of the customers (*surprise surprise*)

The game isn't short at all. I put about 40 hours into it. If you're actually ghosting, exploring every nook and cranny, reading every book and note, listening to every NPC conversation, collecting every piece of loot, etc, the game takes significantly longer to complete.

Also, ghosting is not the same thing as non-lethal. Ghosting means you don't neutralize anyone or anything, whether through lethal or non-lethal means. Knocking someone out is functionally the same as killing them. You're still removing them as a threat. Conversely, keeping them alive and conscious completely changes how you go through any given level.

Umm, ghosting as per the game assessment at the end of a level is not getting spotted (red lightning bolts) by anyone, not a touch free game. I've ghosted the first 3 missions so far and knocked out a lot of people. You can even get a full set of white lightning bolts without failing the ghost requirement (darted one of the two guys guarding the merchant in the first assassination mission, then choked the second).

Mad respect if you can manage a non lethal on the first assassination mission without knocking him out though, he didn't seem like he wanted to walk to the chair on his own... ; )

The game uses the wrong definition of ghosting. DX:HR did the same. As for the first assassination mission, you're right, you can't complete the mission without killing or knocking the target out. That said, if a mission explicitly requires you to kill or knock someone out, it's okay to do so without compromising the definition of ghosting. However, killing/knocking out guards and NPCs when it's possible to sneak past them means you aren't ghosting (by the generally accepted stealth definition, not the in-game one). It's actually possible to sneak past every enemy and NPC throughout the whole game except for the intro level (or for any objectives that explicitly require it). Doing so is pretty time-consuming, though (hence the 40 hour playthrough).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo