Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 20:51 <Electric-Spock>

BF3, what a let down...

It looks great, but that's about it. I got about 15 friends on my list, almost all of which pre-ordered, and none play anymore. Here's the main beef I got -

1. Netcode = Horrific. It feels like I'm shooting marshmellows at people. Whatever client side hit detetion thing they got going on, blows.

2. Map size/scale = Thank you consoles. The layout of most maps are not impressive, especially the vanilla ones. When your flying, it feels like your in a fish bowl. I'm not sure why they had to put every control point 5 feet from each other either. There's a lot of wasted space on some of the larger maps.

3. Dumbed down gameplay. Removing features that were in older BF games. Regenerating health, infinate ammo in vehicles. You can get hit in a chopper, start flying away from combat and it like 5 seconds you start magically healing. Lame.

I could go on, but don't feel the need. I wish they would have made the Medal of Honor series more COD'ish and kept the BF series more PC centric. That way people who like single player and small fast paced multiplay could have their cake, and people who like large scale more tactical game play could have their BF game back.

The netcode is my deal breaker though. I'm pretty much done with BF3, and unless I hear them talk of revamping the netcode with BF4, I'm not even going to consider a purchase.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo