Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 13:46 jdreyer

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 13:40:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 13:38:
Fion wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 13:12:
That most definitely sucks, but I'm sure that space will be filled by a different company. Some actual competition would only lead to good things.

This isn't like making cars. Processors require huge research departments that spend billions. There's a reason there are only a few CPU makers in the world, basically Intel and AMD, and ARM is dying. Motorola let their Power PC architecture die. No one is going to risk billions to go up against Intel, which has slayed all comers.

Sorry, did you just say ARM is dying...? You mean the company's who licensed architecture powers basically every modern smartphone, tablet and the vast majority of set top boxes? AMD is hurting big time right now, maybe you reversed the acronyms. ARM's killing it right now and some are saying it's Intel's next big competition.

Sorry, I meant AMD is dying. Fixed.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo