Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Tablets Nov 26, 2012, 16:13 Kitkoan

My Android tablet is my ultra portable computer. I use it for light Web surfing, games and studying. I will also being using it for programming soon (AIDE app). It is my ereader and portable game player (the phone gets enough messages and calls that it's not as useful for that.) Watch movies and YouTube on the couch or just out and about.It holds a charge a lot better and long then my laptop and I have a CamelBak backpack that has a sleeve pocket that was supposed to be for a soft water bottle that holds the tablet perfectly. Throw it in and off I go.

Since I'm learning computer arts and programming I find it invaluable since I can follow along the lessons in the ebook/video without having to stop the video and/or minimize the current lesson to access the program needed. Having the lessons on top of the learning surface is really hard to study with I found.

Now, does this mean it replaces my laptop? No. In fact if I had to choose, I would choose the laptop first. But I feel it's a nice complement to the laptop. And this is something I always tell people when they ask me about buying a tablet that it doesn't do enough to replace a computer but it is nice.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo