Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2012, 01:46 Creston

Hey, cliffski found something to bitch about again. It's been awhile.

Cliff, here's the difference. Pay attention now, because I want to make sure you can follow, okay? I'll talk REAL.SLOW.

The reason we have no problem with planets or NPCs being named after wealthy backers is because without those wealthy backers that game wouldn't exist.

When a publisher like EA sells me a game for 60 bucks, which got funded with their apparently endless billions of dollars (why the IRS doesn't burn that place to the ground is incomprehensible), and then they put advertising and product placement in it, it's pure greed. The game would easily have existed without it. Even so, if the placement is unobtrusive and doesn't hamper performance, most gamers really don't care that much. If the bad guys in GTA5 all drive a big SUV that says Tahoe on it, eh... Does anyone really care?

But if in Alan Wake, you constantly stumble across reminders to PICK UP MORE BATTERIES FOR YOUR VERIZON PHONE!!! then THAT is fucking annoying.

Now, seeing an NPC company in Eternity called "David's Azz Kickurz!" will probably be annoying too (and I doubt they'd allow such a thing), but I can console myself with the idea that without it, the game wouldn't have existed.

Do you see the difference now? Oh wait, who am I kidding, of course you don't. You bitch against anything and everything that's good for gaming.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo