Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 23:16 Optional Nickname!

Did many people, yesterday or today, complain about Prince Carl von Lichnowksy commissioning Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique (Op.13) or his very generous (and ultimately written-off) loans to Mozart?

How much would you have given circa 1996 to James Ohlen and Ray Muzyka to create a isometric D&D based RPG which we now call Baldur's Gate?

How much are you willing to spend to pre-order a game promised by those very same people who are directly and indirectly the reason you post to this web-site? The Mozart's and Beethoven's of the PC gaming world? You spend what you can afford, as we do for every other item.

Personally, I chose to spend more for Project: Eternity's development based on my game time with Baldur's Gate (and PS:T). The premium over retail plus schwag I consider a deserved bonus for their prior Masterpieces. I also spent more for Star Citizen since I know how easy it is to blow up those crappy entry-level ships.

Kickstarter has been a great boon for PC game development awareness. Not only does it give flexibility to the Greats in terms of financing a large studio and adjusting game sophistication and complexity to the desires of the paying customer, but it provides a welcoming environment to other PC game craftsmen, artisans and apprentices, Cliffsky included.

Perhaps Cliffsky should attempt a Kickstarter-like crowd sourced project and work with his not insignificantly numbered customer base. I enjoy the frequent improvements to GSB, it's a much better game then when initially released.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo