Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:49 Acleacius

Wanted to keep this in it's own post so people who haven't completed Dishonored can avoid it. Just don't even bother looking until you complete the game. This would be of no use to first time player, because you wouldn't know what you need or want. SERIOUSLY.

One of the more frustrating issues is not being able to get the Bone Charms you want for your intended playstyle. There is a solution but it's a bit painful, since BCs are not setup like Runes. Bone Charms are spawned/created on Level Creation. This means if you Save your game BEFORE you start a new area/zone (has to be a first time level load) you can replay an area till you get the BC you want. This can be extremely frustrating if there is a non skippable cutscene. Wall so avoid this unless you are Hardcore Hardheaded.

A good example is the Distillery on the first visit (actually good for second visit too). Save before entering the zone, then just Stealth/Blink on the roof to the right building, then across the pipe, drop down and make your way to the back where the BC is waiting up on a shelf. It takes me less than 3 min to stealth back to it, since I know the timing. The 2nd trip here, is non hostile so even easier to get the BC, just save before entering.

Some zones contain 2 or 3 BCs so, I will stealth run to all 3 and decide if they are worth it. There is one BC you can Save right in front of it and if it's not what you want, just Quick Load. It's the only one in the game spawned on the spot, not zone creation. Since there are about 35 BCs, every time you get one it increases the odds next time, getting the one you want.

As a Ghost, No Kill player, with added challenge of No Hostile Standing, my main choices:
Spiritual Pool
Swift Shadow
Undertaker
Strong Arm
Fleet Fighter
Rat Scent

The obviously negative impact is you spend 30 minutes or more getting what you want. The benefit is the sooner you get what you want, the more time you have to play the game, the way you want.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 11:05.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo