Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 20:24 Dev

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 12:26:
Steam or go home. I don't need Yet Another Download Client.

This is exactly what they did with MDK2 HD stuff, they kept it exclusive for like a year on beamdog to try and get market share. I would have thought they learned the difference with MDK 2 HD between the tiny bit of sales they get by doing that and the massive sales that steam can deliver. They need to give up on their download service and go full time on doing remakes and putting on steam.

They likely picked up the remake rights from interplay for next to nothing to try and push their service. But there's nothing I'm interested in about their service. It doesn't have as good of sales, it doesn't have DRM free (like GoG), etc. And despite their page saying they won't take the software away from you, they have a section similar to other companies that says they CAN indeed terminate your account.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2012, 20:33.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo