Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 15:30 Draugr

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 14:25:

So its confirmed, you don't know what you're talking about.

Wrong. What I said is that there is almost nothing here that wasn't already available. However, I said I was still going to buy it. There was nothing inflammatory about what I said, only fact, so can your hostile response.

When you say something like,

You can buy this on GOG, install the widescreen patch, and be playing this game problem-free within 5 minutes of reading this. So I'm not sure how necessary this overhaul was.

Then you're implying this is the only thing its bringing to the table, which isn't the case. It also shows that you don't know what you're talking about as you seem to think its the only change that has been made.

Unless it includes some pretty massive overhauls, engine or graphics updates, or gameplay changes

Which it does, and this doesn't include the new areas and NPCs included in the enhanced edition (which aren't available as mods.)
Hence, you don't know what your talking about.

Pretending that your modded copy of BG is as simple to get up and running as BG:EE is a big joke. I don't mean to imply its a big chore, but for many people they have no interest in going through the motions, even with an installer like tutu doing nearly all the work for them.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo