Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 22, 2012, 13:29 Bhruic

wtf_man wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:05:
But that's why some are saying he should fund it himself. Then he wouldn't be accountable to anyone else.

It's a criteria that hasn't been applied to previous Kickstarter projects - even with people/companies that could afford to self-fund.

As for being accountable to the "crowd"... there isn't much accountability there... projects on Kickstarter have gotten funded and died. The Backers are SOL.

I didn't say he would be accountable to the "crowd", I said he wouldn't be accountable to anyone else. The whole point is to not have someone in a publisher-like capacity dictating what does or doesn't go in the game, or what the release schedule has to be, etc.

In most people's eyes, Crowdfunding isn't just to avoid a publisher, it's also a chance for an indie team to make a project that can't afford to, otherwise. Molyneux can afford it (At least, the kickstarter goal amount that has been set). It sort of looks like Bill Gates collecting Food Stamps.. ya know? (Not that radical, but you get what I mean)

You say "in most people's eyes", and yet what you're describing is the position that was advanced previously, and was argued against by the majority of people on this site. I'm not saying you personally argued against it, most likely you didn't. But at least some of the people in this thread did, and I'm confused as to why they aren't taking the same position here.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo