Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 21, 2012, 05:19 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:32:
I have yet to play the game. However, the reviews have two negative points that I consider positive.

1. Agent 47 basically grows character and a moral compass (about time, I say. His actions were inconsistent before. Shooting that mail-man in BM made me want to piss over his skinny scalp).

2. No more linear objectives (this time there's actually more than just killing for money, basically).

Then there's other shocking stuff of course. Like failing a hit during a cutscene. Fuck that.

Trying to turn 47 into a sympathetic hero is a mistake. It feels forced and unnatural, especially given how cold-blooded he was in Blood Money. He's a sociopath that gets paid to kill people. That's all the development he needs.

Secondly, having objectives that don't pertain to assassination is stupid in a Hitman game. Just drop me in a large, open-ended level and tell me who to kill. That's it. Don't force me to botch assassinations and do other stupid things just so you can shove a lousy story down my throat. Hitman has never been about story. The series was at its best when it was purely about assassination. The missions don't need to feel personal at all. In fact, it's better that they feel completely impersonal, as that's how a hitman likely feels when killing people.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo