Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 12:34 WaltC

That is exactly what my doctor told me about twenty years ago--before I quit smoking 17 years ago--he said, "You've got the metabolism of a high-altitude runner," which I thought was pretty good until he explained it...;) My blood was carrying an over abundance of hemoglobin--the stuff that carries oxygen--very much like a high-altitude runner's blood would produce. But in my case, the extra hemoglobin was there as my body's way of combating all the noxious fumes I was putting into my blood via cigarette smoke.

I don't get a sense from you that you ever smoked, so our cases are much different...;) Still, you might want to ask your doctor what he means because if as in my case he's talking about an overabundance of hemoglobin in your blood and you do not smoke, then it's possible there is something else in your immediate environment that is causing you to produce more than an an average amount of hemoglobin. Then, too, I wonder if perhaps you live at a somewhat high altitude to begin with--say, in a mountainous region?

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo