Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:29:
Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

I guess that sort of makes sense, but why was it in the rotation for the first week (give or take a few days) then? Didn't it fracture the community the same way?

I just never makes sense to me why devs seem to think that taking stuff away from their playerbase, in any way, shape or form, makes sense. Because it doesn't.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo