Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

72. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 20, 2012, 09:26 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 05:30:
What is it you are unable to understand about this situation? I'm asking honestly...

Just how the people here who sound so certain that a PC version is a foregone conclusion given the realities of gaming today, not to mention the ominous tone of that interview. There were millions of little green reasons to make a Red Dead Redemption PC version but they saw no problem leaving them on the table to use just one example. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me, but in the gaming biz, it seems to me that "Up for consideration" is a euphemism for "No chance in hell! Suck it down PC bitches!! You are the red-headed stepchildren of gaming and I laugh at your feeble attempts to appear relevant when I have enough money from console sales to carpet my house in $20 bills!!!" Or.., something like that.

Yeah exactly. I pointed this out in a previous thread and got called cynical. History doesn't mean much in the context of todays gaming market, a PC version is not a foregone conclusion because they made one later for a previous title. Also exclusivity deals were well publicized since they have to be accounted for in the financial statements and no word on any of that. Not trying to be a downer but I hope people temper their expectations. A port of RDR would not have been difficult and it would have been fairly profitable even with modest sales but they didn't bother, just went to work on the next title.

I hope its all a smoke screen and it will land next year but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo