Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 20, 2012, 09:07 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:04:
But I guess it's possible others haven't been so fortunate. I just like the SF2's because they are SO.INSANELY.FAST.

Sandforce drives had major issues the past two years, it's been well documented on review websites and forums from a massive sampling size. OCZ stuff was especially bad since OCZ uses the low rated nand and their firmware had absurd QA issues. The speed difference in SF drives is miniscule from drives with more stable controllers and firmware, not even noticeable in real world performance unless you use RAID0 for video encoding or something.

Now that the dust has settled they might be a good purchase but as others said a lot of people aren't going to forget that easily when there are alternatives with a minor speed difference at best. The Samsung 830 or Crucial M4 are better buys IMHO, the 830 is even faster in many benchmarks.

Anyways I'm waiting for the 512GB drives to come down a bit more before I swap out

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo