Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 20, 2012, 00:04 Creston

Dades wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:33:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 20:57:
The triple cell drives so far have not been reliable, so I'd just stick with a Sandforce 2 SATA3 drive for now.

Sandforce 2 ssds were the buggiest this generation, they only got sorted out in the past six months. I still don't trust them, they had so many controller and firmware issues. Intel usually beats the piss of their third party controllers to catch all problems and even their Sandforce 2 drives had major problems.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

I've rarely had problems with mine, other than the occasional time (once every two months or so) where my motherboard doesn't recognize it for some reason. Just powering off and back on tends to fix that.

But I guess it's possible others haven't been so fortunate. I just like the SF2's because they are SO.INSANELY.FAST.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo