Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 21:23 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 20:57:
Like I said, feel free to feel all superior because your tastes in games, music, movies, whatever is so much more sophisticated (even though it really isn't. Sorry). I have heard this age-old baseless haughtiness for years of being a musician because if you like music genre 'X' then you are an idiot or if you don't think genre 'Y' is crap then clearly you don't know good music and yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah. Arrogance through self-attributed superiority isn't anything new; it's as old as the hills. I bet cavemen probably belittled the other cavemen who liked the simple, colorful cave paintings.

Everything is just opinions man and I've seen you bitch about this sort of thing before too about different things so *shrug*

I'm not going to get into who likes what music or whatever but I think there have been some pretty fair criticisms of CoD here and in other topics which get dismissed once a single person mentions the fans. There's nothing wrong with some random person liking CoD and thinking its the best game in the universe but there might be something wrong with an industry where they basically print and assemble them like widgets every year. Does that say something about the people buying it? The industry itself? Who knows what the answer is but I think we used to demand more for our money and I'm a bit disheartened to see its so easy these days.

I don't think this sort of consolidation is good for the long term health of the industry but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo