Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

65. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 21:22 jacobvandy

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 18:27:
I'm not getting why people are still considering a PC version inevitable after reading that interview - terminal optimism maybe? It's not like dude has a reason to be coy, not with the insane success of GTA on consoles. I understand that all other version made it to PC, but like they say on all those investment commercials 'past performance is NOT a guarantee of future results.'

Yet again, they do have reasons... Millions of little green ones, in fact. Console exclusivity is a thing, it has been Rockstar's thing for a decade. At least as far as Grand Theft Auto is concerned. They NEVER officially confirm a PC version until MONTHS after the console release. (Ex: GTA IV came out in April '08, no PC announcement until August, then it released in December.) Until then, you get PR people talking like politicians, because their hands are tied.

Hell, if you go back to GTA III, the Xbox version was initially in the same boat as PC -- to be released six months later -- but Sony paid them (Take-Two) to extend that and have it all to themselves for two full years. It did wonders for them, then, so it's easy to understand why they still do it today, with every major release. Only difference is now Microsoft coughs up enough dough to match, so only PC, with no single giant corporation to watch over its interests, is left out in the cold.

What is it you are unable to understand about this situation? I'm asking honestly...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo