Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 20:04 Asmo

Hrm, considering some of the games I've bought at release previously...

TOR
TSW:Lifetime sub
Duke Nukem (god I'm an idiot)
COD:Black Ops 1 (fuck that game was crap)

etc

The amount of money I'm risking on KS is relatively minor...

So far my KS/pre-support list is:

Wasteland 2
Project Eternity
Star Citizen/S42
Grim Dawn

Oh yeah, and I bought Minecraft in alpha (turned out to be a pretty good deal as well).

The first three are all based off games that were major features of my young gaming life. I don't think you can recapture the original feeling of playing some of those titles, but the calibre of the people making them is hard to fault.

Crowfunding is a grand experiment in democracy. We're so sick and tired of all the consolised or neutered crap with flashy graphics masking shitty gameplay that get's peddled, so someone has given us another way to vote with our wallets. If it works then we may actually start to see big production houses returning to what made them big in the first place, ie. producing good games.

Of course if the big KS's fail to materialise, I think you'll see the end of crowdfunding. These guys have taken not just the burden of meeting their 'investors' expectations, but quite literally the burden of changing the face of the gaming industry.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo