Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 18:19 Prez

Dades wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 18:07:

It means I get less FPS games I like and there are more FPS games like Call of Duty. It might be the market speaking but the market sucks and I'm going to say that even if someone has children who like it.

That's probably the most convincing argument to be made about why peoples' lack of discriminating tastes are up for criticism. However, publishers basically know (THQ and EA learned it the hard way with Homefront and Medal of Honor respectively) that trying to make a "CoD-killer" game only yields a sub-par clone without an identity of its own that will end up a costly and forgettable commercial flop. People want CoD, not a CoD clone wannabe. Furthermore, in my opinion it's doubtful that even if Activision moved away from making yearly CoD games they would instead fund anything any more appetizing to PC gamers' tastes, so it's hard to make the argument that people buying CoD are somehow depriving us of anything of any more substance or depth.

That could apply to everything, including complaining about Call of Duty.

True, so if you get a real charge out of complaining then by all means carry on.

However, insulting a huge swathe of people by calling everyone who enjoys something idiots starts to drift into unsavory territory. It certainly doesn't paint a very impressive picture of the person who claims it anyway.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo