Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 15:51 Verno

Quboid wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 15:44:
That's not snobbery, but "Hey, if gamers are stupid enough to buy this crap" is. You can criticise people's opinions, that's a fair point, but some go further than this and imply that the CoD players are flat out wrong, as if the CoD player is somehow mistaken in thinking they enjoy the game.

Sure but CoD is a popular game so that's why its a magnet for fanboys and haters alike, just the nature of the beast. Besides, many of the people making that comment are disgruntled ex-CoD players who are unhappy with the lack of progress in improving the game and probably upset at others for constantly rewarding that behavior from the industry. Some people are lashing out in anger which isn't always rational or well thought. The point isn't entirely unfair in some ways too. I've often thought that consumer buying standards have dropped considerably due to modern marketing techniques.

I'm not going to try to convince someone else they aren't having fun but I can think they're silly for not expecting more for their money.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo