Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 12:59 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:39:
Every time I watch his updates, I just giggle at Braben's terse "Thank you for all the support" crap and no footage of any kind whatsoever other than his talking face in front of a monitor that shows a few screenshots they whipped together in a day. I feel sorry for all the people who support that.
I can understand why people want to support Elite: Dangerous - what with the dearth of space sims on the market - but it just looks shoddy. Meanwhile, Chris Roberts has created an amazing prototype for so early on and there is already a strong basis for it - not only that but it's based on CryEngine3, so we know it will scale well (especially as Star Citizen won't be released until 2014-15).

Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:46:
The negativism towards this game is unwarranted and much like the guy who poo-poos the brand of vodka the party host has provided in a failed attempt to impress the pretty girl he's chatting up, you can be walked away from and ignored.
I wouldn't say there has much much "negativism", just healthy scepticism.

Anyway, I decided that despite my earlier statements about not buying it unless it's on Steam that I'd support it anyway. I can always buy it again later but I really wanted to get in on the alpha and beta tests.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo