Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 09:35 Will W

I just feel like this will be a "pay to win" game, despite what he may have said. They're already selling permanently insured ships, credits, and now they're coming out with more and more "bonus" packs that give people more items.

I can't compete with someone who can blow $1000 on a kickstarter to get a special ship that can't be "lost" and gets tons of money. If the world is persistent, they have a huge starting advantage, and with the push for "player driven economies" games have these days, anyone with some economic skill will be able to catapult themselves to an unreachable height. Put the add-on packages on there and they can perform any role without fear of losing their ships.

At least that's how I'm reading this game, which looks Pay To Win to me.

I am interested in the single player game though....so I'll most likely buy when it comes out and skip the Multiplayer. It's too bad, I love space shooters, and even cleaned the dust off my X52 pro the other day, but I can't see this being designed AROUND single player since adding a single player campaign was a stretch goal, not part of the original project.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo