Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 08:10 eRe4s3r

I know what the taught "consensus" on this said back in school. But light or rather, photons are quantum objects, they are not "particles". They have (few) properties of particles, but a Photon is NOT a particle. Calling it that would make it appear like an electron, which it is absolutely not. Light can have particle point like properties, but it can also have quantum wave properties. And unless I misunderstand quantum physics, that makes it a quantum object, not a particle.

Quantum objects are absolutely different from material particles (electrons etc.) and they are not. .. quantum physics are weird.

Disclaimer: This is based on what I understand of it, if it is wrong, please explain how, and I might change my view. Because It is hard to explain what a photon is. I simply don't call it a particle because that would put it too close to normal particles, where as a photon is anything but normal. The duality theory has made things worse too... ^^

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo