Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 07:48 eRe4s3r

Yeah, but in the info they specifically mention "lasers" not "particle beams" or "beam cannons" That's just lazy imo. Obviously realistic lasers would be terrible and boring, which is why I think calling them lasers is silly. They are particle beams. Lasers are not particle beams since Light is not a particle

Back 20 years ago nobody understood what lasers are, but by now if you call something a Laser it better not be a visible beam in space that we can see.

I guess my distaste for lasers only grew because Mass Effect doesn't have any. And if a EA made Sci-Fi world with lots of shooting and explosions can get around without lasers, then so can Chris "pushing the envelop" Roberts. ;p

I guess I am nitpicking Anyway... the flaks were the greatest thing about Freespace 2... flying with a bomber wing at a decently armed destoyer felt like you you were really entering a battlefield. And there is that Freespace 2 had gorgeous explosion effects for flak cannons, and in the code remake even more so. And BSG really imprinted the need for flaks on me. Flaks (as a form of delayed-fuse-flechette) simply make a lot of sense in space "point" defense. ^^

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo