Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 01:11 .Drifter

Jerykk wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 21:32:
Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:48:
nin wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:21:
"Launches the new era of episodic gaming."

Shame Sin couldn't get a break.

Everyone buy it again so we can get an episode 2!

Sadly, Ritual is dead. There will never be another Sin game. Not even sure who owns the IP now. Probably Activision, which means that Sin is definitely dead.

Apparently MumboJumbo games owns the SiN IP. Dude that owned (maybe still owns) MumboJumbo used to be the CEO of Ritual, and left to start mumbojumbo. When Ritual started to fall apart after SiN episode 1 was released, he bought them out and got all their IP.
And, from what I remember, the reason they folded was due to a couple things. First was that while SiN ep 1 earned back more than what it cost to make it, it didn't cover the cost to develop the second episode, and the game that was to make up the difference was a third party one, but the deal fell through, and Ritual was no more. Now, it's been a while, but I think that's what I read about it from one of the ex-Ritual employees.

Oh, and:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 17:25:
Grabbed SIN, it's defiantly worth $2.50, if they removed that shitty ass release drm.

What DRM? From what I remember, the original game did a disk check, but that was patched out ages ago.
Unless by DRM you mean Steam?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo