Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

139. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 18, 2012, 11:19 HorrorScope

MS can't help limiting us. They think we are our own worst enemy. Search being another part of the whole "we want to control you" plan.

Each version being more limited, it doesn't matter if you are an basic admin or not. They limit what they will show you on a c:\ root search and their searches are slow for no user friendly reason.

For example:
Windows Search c:\ *.log - my results 232 files in ~15 seconds

Use "Everything" search:
Results 354 files in under 1 second

They hinder you by speed and what folders they will allow you to search. As a power pc user, I want access to every file if I choose and the faster the better. I don't want artificially slow apps like MS gives us, to control us.

All part of the same thing and that is to hide and embed DRM apps.

I'm still old fashion in having a folder hold everything for that particular app, no reg for apps eateries, no user, doc-settings folders for segregated file storage. Sure there are some arguments against every for an app in one folder, which to me are minor. But having each app in full in it's own folder is much more elegant and understanding to simpletons.

For user data files, they could have made a sub-folder rule for user data, where each app saves user data withing it's own sub-folder. For system backups, it would search and backup all userdata folders on a system. That said, I much prefer ghost type backups any way, the current folder setup of windows being one reason why, I know I got everything with ghosting.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo