Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

112. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 05:14 NegaDeath

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 04:42:
Or my favorite reason that people quote for not upgrading to Windows 8 "I can't find my way around the new USER INTERFACE!!!" LOL.

That literally happened to me. The final straw on trying to use the new start screen was when I was listening to an mp3. I launched it from the desktop but told it to play on the start screen, I wanted to see if there were visual effects or something. It was unfortunately pretty basic. Then I went to try and close the song and I couldn't find the button or command. I could go back to the start screen but the mp3 was still open and playing. I could get back to the mp3 and stop the song but it was still open, I could see it on alt-tab. The only button that took it off the screen took me to xbox live where I got stuck again. I ended up going back to the desktop and killing the process in the task manager. And with that "metro" was permanently disabled on my machine. You guys probably know the answer to the problem I had, "gesture this" or "windows key that" or something. I've been using, and building, my PC's since the DOS days and that was the first time I couldn't figure out how to close something. Every other evolution of windows I had no issues learning. That told me everything I needed to know. I'm able to accept the idea that I'm simply stuck in my ways. My ways work though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo