Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

101. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 03:17 DukeFNukem

noman wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 03:06:
Windows8 still has more changes compared to Windows7, than what Win7 had compared to Vista. The changes at kernel level are fairly substantial, and there are bunch of very useful new features (ISO mount, better SSD management, better printer stack, better network discovery, better desktop rendering with WDDM1.2, better alt-tab handling, better battery life on laptops, better AHCI support, native USB3, better file history feature, new storage space feature etc.) and it still takes less overall hardware resources than Win7.

Native ISO mount, seriously? Wow. It pains me to think what I have been missing out on all this time. So the Windows Media Center is gone by default but on the plus side I can still mount my DVD .ISOs. Sweet.

Uses less resources than Windows 7? Damn, imagine that. An operating system that was designed around and optimized for tablets using less system resources? Wonder if ripping out the Aero interface and replacing it with funky tiles had anything to do with that.

Most, if not all, of the features you mentioned regarding Windows 8 could have been implemented in a Windows 7 Service Pack. But that wouldn't make Microsoft very much money I guess.

But you forgot to mention my favorite reason that people quote for upgrading over Windows 7 in favor of Windows 8. "IT BOOTS FASTER!!!!!!! Ding, ding, ding ding. We have a winna!!!!" LOL.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 03:32.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo