Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

80. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 01:36 FloodAnxiety

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 23:35:
So Windows 8 will close an app for if your not using it. Big whoopie do. How will it know whether you actually want an application left open or not? I keep hundreds of tabs open in my web browser, a PDF reader, NotePad++, Steam, SeaGate tools, etc. They run 24/7. They don't need to be closed. I DO NOT like this idea at all. Sounds like Microsoft wants to make every decision for the user now days...from the cradle to the ****ng grave.
For a well written app, an end user won't notice that the app has been terminated at all. Navigating or going back to the app will give the appearance that it was always running.

Furthermore, I actually enjoy getting popup windows from Adobe and other software. Forced updates are a bad idea. If the software changes in such a way that people don't WANT to upgrade to the latest version, what then?
There are no forced updates. Just a consistent way for the user to recieve all app updates.

Another bullshit so-called "PRO" of the Metro App store. All you are saying here is that it's good for small developers who aren't well known. Yet there are TONS of websites on the internet where small developers can promote their software. CNET is a great place for developers to have their software showcased.
Average users never discover those places. Developers want exposure to non-techy folks to grow their market.

An unresponsive application isn't a reason to contemplate suicide. Start the task manager and kill the application.
Average users don't know about task manager. A poorly designed unresponsive program is a not a good end user experience.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo