Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 20:36 PropheT

DDI wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 20:02:
So much crazy in here. Windows Desktop environment will not go away for a long time. Even Windows RT still has the desktop environment. The new Start Menu is far faster to navigate than the old one, even with a mouse. There is a shit ton of data to back it up.

I'm going to go with bullshit on that, due in large part to wondering what kind of data you could even come up with to support the idea.

The metro interface isn't faster and easier than the normal start menu; hell, it's hard to find anything on it when you bring up the all apps screen to locate something that isn't either already on your desktop view or pinned to start.
The All Apps view that replaced the old start menu just mashes everything from the menu up onto your screen like a hundred desktop shortcuts; my first reaction to seeing it was laughter.

Or are you talking about the Search functionality, where you just start typing in the name of what you want to run and it shows the files? Because that was on the Start menu since Vista anyway, it's not even new functionality.

The only reason I could think of that someone would suggest that the new Start menu is faster is if they're strictly using Microsoft's terminology, with the Metro view (the area that items are pinned to with Pin to Start) replaced the Start menu...it didn't. It's a secondary desktop, and the Start menu as it was before is still a thing...accessed either by typing to search or right click and using the All Apps disaster.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo