Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 20:33 Verno

DDI wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 20:02:
So much crazy in here. Windows Desktop environment will not go away for a long time. Even Windows RT still has the desktop environment.

Has anyone said its going away tomorrow? Seems to me that people are more concerned with Microsoft hastening the process and compromising parts of the platform along the way. What is the excuse for not allowing developers and users their own method to install and run a metro application? That's all people are asking for here, it's not unreasonable.

The new Start Menu is far faster to navigate than the old one, even with a mouse. There is a shit ton of data to back it up.

Microsoft run studies I'm sure. I haven't even heard the most ardent defenders of Metro make that claim. Metro isn't as bad as people make out but its pretty annoying to deal with as a desktop user. I tried to make it useful in a multimonitor situation but the inability to pin it to one screen without application launching making it jump back and forth was the final straw.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo