Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 20:24 Dades

DDI wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 20:02:
So much crazy in here. Windows Desktop environment will not go away for a long time. Even Windows RT still has the desktop environment. The new Start Menu is far faster to navigate than the old one, even with a mouse. There is a shit ton of data to back it up.

The new start menu has been almost universally panned by desktop users because of its design deficiencies when operated by a keyboard and mouse. People have resorted to shortcuts to work around the tablet concessions or disabled it entirely.

DADES loves to spread the FUD. You can run the same exact certification tests before you submit the app so you aren't wasting time waiting for feedback. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694081.aspx The price for an individual to publish apps to the store (which you do not need to install your own apps) is $50 a year. Big fucking deal. If can't swing the $50 then make it a desktop app and get a real fucking job that gives lets you earn more than $50 a year. Apple is $100 year. Microsoft's 30% cut goes down to 20% once your app hits 25k of revenue, unlike Google or Apple where its 30% indefinitely.

My company is working on Windows 8 apps so I have no idea why you think I care about spreading FUD. I said the trace feedbacks (memory dumps) from users, not talking about initial submission. It is not free to develop an application, no one said it cost a fortune but its more than the existing standard of zero. That revenue portion is only until the end of 2013.

I don't run Windows 8 and don't know if I will but I still think a lot of the hype from the likes of Croteam and Valve is based on pure speculation and not evidence.

There's nothing speculative about it, they're commenting about the existing restrictions. It's all laid out in the store and certification guidelines. Their main concern is that if you don't want to use the store or microsoft refuses to accept your app for some reason, there is no other way to deliver a "Metro" app to users without running an enterprise version of Windows 8.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo