Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 17, 2012, 18:46 Dev

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 10:51:
Is that legit? If so, then holy shit. 2 BILLION dollars from their books alone? There are many book publishers who haven't made that much revenue in their entire existence.

Like I'd said before, it's fucking CRAZY that Disney got the whole thing for a shred over just 4 billion dollars...

Creston
Yes, pretty sure thats legit. They've done a TON of book sales, especially starting around the time the thrawn trilogy came out. I remember seeing those in costco and sams for years around that time period. And they were on bestseller lists, etc Plus all the comic books, and other stuff. There's been hundreds of books overall I believe.

Yes its crazy Disney got it for that much (less than pixar), but pretty sure thats because Lucas went to THEM, and asked them to buy him out, and since he's the sole shareholder, he could sell it at WTF ever he wanted. He wanted disney to get it bad enough he was willing to sell it for lower than its worth.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo